Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hello Friends and Family!

It is May 9th and Gary and I are a full week plus into this 5 month adventure to the Pacific Northwest. As many of you know, we were only supposed to depart Orlando on Sunday, May 5th. But as many of you also know, my husband LOVES to pack the car and get a head start. So when the car was 80% packed on Saturday, April 27th I knew it was a lost cause and we would be leaving before we planned to. Thankfully, my BFF, Shane (who graduated on May 4th with a 4.0!!!!! So proud of her) figured out what the skinny was when we told her the car was packed already and gave us her blessing to depart before her graduation party on May 4th (I heard it was a great time and am sorry to have missed the celebration).

The first four days were a bit trying as we drove 5 months of supplies from Orlando to Tucson, AZ in a Honda CRV while I was still working full time. Those of you who know me well know that I get a bit stressed out about getting my work done! Working in a passenger seat of a car is not exactly ideal and I need to make certain that no one at work thinks I am slacking on my responsibilities. Think about it….you are travelling for 5 months in a motorhome – think what your boss would say. So we are heading across country and I am stressed about work. I know, I know – work / life balance!! This is a concept that I still struggle with and one of the primary reasons that Gary and I take off in the motorhome every year. And, let me just say that West Texas and I do not have a love affair – though it is beautiful country. I have driven across this part of interstate 10 four times in the last 8 months. Each time I get more bored and more frustrated with crazy truck drivers.

So we arrived in Arizona on Saturday and set up the motorhome for a few days in Tucson. We had left the motorhome in Tucson after our January trip to Mexico (big savings on gas by not driving the rig back to Florida when we were headed back this way so soon after). We wanted to take a few days in civilization to make certain that all the systems were in working order before we headed off to the wilderness. On Tuesday, May 7th we headed north to the Verde Valley. We plan to stay here for 10 days or so before heading to Utah. The Verde Valley is just south of Flagstaff and the views are absolutely beautiful at this time of the year. The only pictures I have taken so far are of here in the campground. Take a look at the views from our rig below.

Miss you all and wish you peace and blessings!
On the road again… Gary and Traci

View from the Rig

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy........ And take time to smell the roses! Xoxo
Sophia.

Anonymous said...

We are SO envious of your adventures! Have fun, be safe, and keep the blog going this time. Looking forward to the crazy spots only you can get into! Love ya, Nancy and Halwyn