Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sunday, July 4, 2010:
Well, as can be expected when the Peapod (that is the name of our RV - thanks to my sister, Sheri who refers to Gary and I as "2 peas in a pod" though not necessarily always spoken as a positive reference - Luv ya sis!!) departed it was in the pouring rain. We may not plan it, but it never fails to rain down on us either packing or unpacking! We got a late start but off we went. Given the events of this past few weeks (work travel; a major certification exam; and a death of a dear friend) I am surprised that we got going at all. I just let go and let all the packing to Gary (which by the way - he did a pretty good job with all the essentials! The only items we really forgot was shampoo and a can opener - both easily picked up enroute). We made good time and mileage - picking a Walmart just south of Atlanta in the hills of Georgia to spend the first night. We needed to practice "dry camping" (ie no utilities) as we will be in several places on this trip where electricity and running water are none existent. We fell asleep to the sound of fireworks in the distance (At least Gary fell asleep - that man can sleep through anything). Anyway, given the Florida heat and humidity we were pleasantly surprised to be freezing at around 2AM. I had to dig around in the dark for the blankets that I knew Gary had packed (Gary...GARY!!! WHERE ARE THE BLANKETS! Did I mention that my husband can sleep through anything?). I am going to be tired tomorrow!!!

No comments: