Saturday, June 11, 2011

Friday, June 10, 2011 Sing it, Willie!

It is mid afternoon on Friday, June 10th and I am leaving Clermont, FL wound up and ready to hit the highway. My darling and doting husband is doing his best to put on a brave face as his wife gets behind the wheel of our 36 and a half foot class A motor home towing a Jeep and 2 bicycles. All told I am driving about 55 foot of vehicle weighing a little over 10 tons ( I remember thinking that I am grateful that we decided to not to load in the kayaks – though as I type this I can not imagine why the extra 30 pounds or so had me concerned. Perhaps it is just the thought of the fully loaded jeep – I am not sure). Gary will join me en route later in the month and he seems worried about me out there alone. I; however, can not wait to be all alone – we have a saying at our house that you are never truly alone – be it the child, the spouse, the dog, company, neighbors, etc…… Anyway, it seems difficult for him to see me leave on my own, and yet I am surprised when we talk on the phone later in the day that he finds it both frightening and a bit exciting to see his wife behind the wheel of the “big rig” (hey, if it turns you on, it turns you on I say! After 27 years together I cherish the little things in our relationship). Back to my original thought…out on the open highway and I am thrilled to be here. I leave you with a story that amused me – yes, my friends, I AM easily amused (SHINY – Shane will understand). A week ago Gary and I were at a campground and an older model Class A Wanderlodge pulled out at 7AM. As he headed up the exit ramp (remember it is 7AM) the bus’ outdoor speakers loudly played the first few bars of that Willie Nelson hit, On the Road Again. I can imagine that this was not to the amusement of most of the campground, but since we were on our morning walk (part of the Global Corporate Challenge – more on that in another post) we were rather amused. So my dear and faithful friends I leave you with this clip (care of Bing videos) and blessings to you and yours on this day that He has made.

No comments: